Jerry Pacheco Owner and President
Mr. Pacheco is regarded as New Mexico’s expert on international trade and Mexico. Mr. Pacheco established and directed New Mexico’s first foreign trade/tourism office in Mexico City. He has been assisting firms with their international trade and policy issues in Asia, Europe and Latin America for the past 15 years. He holds a B.B.A. in Marketing Management, an M.B.A. in International Management with a minor in Economics, and an M.A. in Latin American Studies, all from the University of New Mexico.
The highlights of Mr. Pacheco’s career include:
- Having served as New Mexico’s America’s Trade Specialist covering not only North America, but also Latin America for the state’s trade matters.
- Establishing and directing New Mexico’s first commercial/tourism trade office in Mexico City (1991 to 1994).
- Creating the application and successfully designating the City of Albuquerque’s Foreign Trade Zone #110 with the Foreign Trade Zones Board in Washington, D.C.
- Successfully publishing for the past 10 years, Business Across Borders, a syndicated column that appears in the Albuquerque Journal, El Paso Inc., Ser Empresario, Borderland Success, as well as other publications in the southwestern U.S. and northern Mexico.
- Having served as the Santa Teresa Real Estate Development Corporation’s Director of Marketing and Government Relations.
- Having served as an expert witness in legal matters concerning small businesses, business planning and international trade.
- Having served as a professor of international trade, finance and marketing at the University of New Mexico, the College of Santa Fe and Highlands University.
- Successfully assisting and counseling thousands of small businesses throughout the world on their international trade projects.
- Having been contracted by entities/agencies such as the Public Service Company of New Mexico, Enron Corp., the U.S. Department of Commerce-International Trade Administration, the State of New Mexico, the New Mexico Small Business Development Center Network, as well as a host of private companies.
- Having conducted trade seminars, trade conferences and trade missions to the European Union, Asia and Latin America.
- Having organized and completed the American Frontiers promotion with Harrods Department Store of London.
- Having served on the boards of the Foreign Trade Association of El Paso/Juarez/southern New Mexico, the North American Institute, and Loretto Academy.
- Being named an “Honorary Mexican Citizen” by the Mexican Secretariat of Foreign Relations
- Having served as President of the International Trade Council of New Mexico (1995-1996).