Team > Jerry Pacheco
Owner and President
Mr. Pacheco is regarded throughout the U.S. and world as an international trade and Mexico expert. Mr. Pacheco established and directed New Mexico’s first foreign trade/tourism office in Mexico City. He has been assisting firms with their international trade and policy issues in Asia, Europe and Latin America for the past 28 years. He holds a B.B.A. in Marketing Management, an M.B.A. in International Management with a minor in Economics, and an M.A. in Latin American Studies, all from the University of New Mexico.
The highlights of Mr. Pacheco’s career include:
- Having served as New Mexico’s America’s Trade Specialist covering not only North America, but also Latin America for the state’s trade matters.
- Establishing and directing New Mexico’s first commercial/tourism trade office in Mexico City (1991 to 1994).
- Creating the application and successfully designating the City of Albuquerque’s Foreign Trade Zone #110 with the Foreign Trade Zones Board in Washington, D.C.
- Successfully publishing for the past 24 years, Business Across Borders, a syndicated column that appears in the Albuquerque Journal, El Paso Inc., Ser Empresario, Borderland Success, El Camino Real (in Spanish) as well as other publications in the southwestern U.S. and northern Mexico.
- Having served as the Santa Teresa Real Estate Development Corporation’s Director of Marketing and Government Relations.
- Having served as an expert witness in legal matters concerning small businesses, business planning and international trade.
- Having served as a professor of international trade, finance and marketing at the University of New Mexico, the College of Santa Fe and Highlands University.
- Successfully assisted and counseled thousands of small businesses throughout the world on their international trade projects.
- Having been contracted by entities/agencies such as the Public Service Company of New Mexico, Enron Corp., the U.S. Department of Commerce-International Trade Administration, the State of New Mexico, the New Mexico Small Business Development Center Network, as well as a host of private companies.
- Having conducted trade seminars, trade conferences and trade missions to the European Union, Asia and Latin America.
- Having organized and completed the American Frontiers promotion with Harrods Department Store of London.
- Having organized and managed the 2012 Border Governors’ Conference.
- Having served on the boards of the Foreign Trade Association of El Paso/Juarez/southern New Mexico, the North American Institute, and Loretto Academy.
- Being named an “Honorary Mexican Citizen” by the Mexican Secretariat of Foreign Relations
- Having served as President of the International Trade Council of New Mexico (1995-1996).
- Having testified in front of the Senate Finance Committee of the U.S. Senate in Washington, D.C. as an expert on U.S.-Mexico cross-border trade and the North American Free Trade Agreement.
- Having been appointed by Department of Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez to the U.S.-Mexico District Export Council. This organization advises the U.S. Department of Commerce on U.S.-Mexico trade matters. Pacheco currently serves as Treasurer of this organization.
- Former member of the Advisory Board of the Inter-American Foundation
- Founder and President of the Border Industrial Association
- Former Board Director of the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank-El Paso Branch
- Member of the New Mexico Advisory Committee of the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition.
- Named by Hispanic Business Magazine as one of the “2013 Top 50 Influential Hispanics in the U.S.”